Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Colored Dream ( 晨梦色彩 )

Sunrise at the Pier in Santa Cruz.

As it was my first time to visit this location, my friend and I wanted to come early to look for the place. In the process, I left home in a rush and forgot my coffee on the counter top. Without my morning coffee, I drove to meet up with my friend feeling half asleep. We managed to arrive really early and there was not another soul on this beach. When blue hour came, I took a few frames and my pictures showed what looked like an overcast sky with dark patches of thick clouds near the horizon. I started to doubt our decision and felt uninspired. Even with several waves rushed in to almost knee deep high, it was not enough to keep me awake. I was in a hypnagogic state at that point. My mind wandered away then all of a sudden a hint of orange light started to lit the underside of the cloud blanket! As I noticed bigger portion of the sky turning pink and orange, my adrenaline kicked in and I became more awake than any coffee can do for me!

This would turned out to be one of the best sunrises I have witnessed in recent memory with my camera on hand. The colors lasted for merely few minutes, but it was enough for me to make a few shots and found one that I like. The peak condition couldn't have come at a better time with the deck lights still on.

On this morning, no coffee was needed and I woke up to a colored dream! ...Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Until next time...


All Images and Content Copyright © Wilson Ng Photography. All Rights Reserved.
Please Do Not Use or Copy Without Written Permission from Wilson Ng.