Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Morning Tranquility ( 碧水映丹霞 )

Sunrise at Bonsai Rock. Lake Tahoe, Nevada.

On my first visit here a few years back, the serenity of the scene captivated me instantly. After I got into photography, I always thought to come back here to capture this the way I first saw it. Unfortunately, conditions never exactly lined up on my numerous return trips. Not to be denied, I made another attempt on one ordinary evening when I saw that calm weather and cloudy sky were forecasted. I drove tirelessly for 5 hours to get here before sunrise. Standing still in cold ankle-deep water, I waited anxiously for the "moment" as I observed the tranquility of my surrounding. As the sun rose, patches of clouds started to illuminate with colors while the lake water mirrored the hues above it. I hold my excitement and triggered my shutter happily, realizing that I have finally captured the shot I had in mind for a long time!


All Images and Content Copyright © Wilson Ng Photography. All Rights Reserved.
Please Do Not Use or Copy Without Written Permission from Wilson Ng.