Monday, December 2, 2013

Clean Sweep

Rushing Waves Sweeping the Beach at Natural Bridge Park. Santa Cruz, CA.

It has been a long while since the last time I shot from the beach. Trying to get my feet wet again - both figuratively and literally - I chose a spot that is easily accessible with very low risk to start. This beach is popular among locals and on any given weekend, you will see people of all ages from 2 year-old toddlers to 80 year-old grandmas strolling and playing here. It made no exception even on this day with high surf and strong rip current warnings posted at the entrance.

As sunset time approaches, I stuck my tripod to the sand and waited for the waves to rush in to take my shot. I like how the sweeping waves created these lines leading to my subject. Needless to say, I got wet taking this shot. There were not a lot of clouds that afternoon, but luckily most of them were in the position I wanted. Good times...


All Images and Content Copyright © Wilson Ng Photography. All Rights Reserved.
Please Do Not Use or Copy Without Written Permission from Wilson Ng.